Monday 5 October 2015

Sunset Birds

Hello crafters!
 
This weeks HSS challenge is my colour combo!
 I wanted to choose an Autumnal theme as  love the colour changes this season. So here's the challenge:
 
 
Click HERE to join us. 
 
I saw an idea on Pintrest using the Wetland Stamp Set as a silhouette and as it's been a while since the brayer came out I thought I'd have a play. I knew I wanted to create a scene and the autumnal colours were perfect for a sunset so that's where I started.
 
I began by punching out a circle from a post-it note to mask my sun and began brayering my background, starting with Hello Honey. I then used a sponge to create the darker layer with Cajun Craze and more depth to the sky with Tangelo Twist.
 
 I used our new Basic Black archival ink to stamp the images, this is a great ink it's proper black and easier to clean than Staz On! As I didn't have the white gel pen (it's on my wish list) I used Whisper White Craft Ink with a blender pen to highlight the silhouettes.
Finally I inked up the embossing folder with a brayer to create the background. I didn't have any other colour bakers twine so inked up some whisper white in Cajun craze to thread through the buttons. So enough chit chat, here's what I came up with:
 

Here's a close up: 

 
And here's what I used:
 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Claire! This is so pretty! The main image is so neat and it's perfectly framed by the embossed background and ribbon elements! I'm so pleased to be on the Hand Stamped Sentiments design team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Claire! Great inspiration for my new Wetlands set ;) I don't have a brayer but can see I will need to have fun with some ink blending. Rx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Claire! Love how you used the colors.

    ReplyDelete