Tuesday 18 August 2015

Once a pesimist, now completely in love with....

The Bouquet Bigz L Die!
 
A lovely fellow demo called Rosie has very kindly lent me the Bouquet Bigz L Die. I originally wanted to play as a customer was interested in it. I must admit I wasn't that fussed...until I stared playing. I cut a few petals and didn't know where to start so checked out a tutorial on YouTube. It's actually for the Build A Bouquet Kit but the die is the same as the pre-cut flowers you get in the kit. Here's a link to the tutorial.
 
I decided to give the rose/poppy a go as I had plenty of Cherry Cobbler cardstock (which to be honest I thought would be wasted!) After cutting a few petals I sponge daubers the edges with the same ink. By this point I'm beginning to enjoy it, I do love the Spiral Flower Originals Die so really I should like this one too.
 
Once I had a few cut out I started putting them together and as the flower started to take shape I became more and more impressed.
 
Again not fussed by the "spikey" bit in the die I thought of other ways to make the centre... I didn't think for very long so continued by cutting out the small spikey circle with basic black in the attempt to make a poppy. I stuck the first one flat which looked ok. Then decided to cut some more and scrunch them up sticking the holey bit down in a blob of glue.... And ta da! A poppy was made.
 
A poppy I was very proud of! What do you think?



 
Inspired by this die I had enough time to make another one so cut out the new Cotton Paper with the pansy shape and stuck a Vintage Faceted button in the middle. Again rather impressed with this quick make!...I may have to purchase this die now or Rosie might not get this one back!
 


 
Here's what I used to make these flowers, you will also need a hot glue gun.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment